In this article we shall be talking about various landmarks near the city of Rosemount, Minnesota. Unfortunately, it appears that there are no landmarks within the city, so instead, we shall be talking about landmarks within Dakota County, the county the city is in, instead. Now, without any more distractions, let us begin.
The Daniel F. Akin House is a historic house located at 19185 Akin Road in Farmington, Minnesota.
The Italianate two-story farmhouse was built around 1860 from locally quarried limestone, and features a hipped roof with cupola on top. It is an example of the “Country Homes” style of Andrew Jackson Downing, a pioneer in American landscape architecture.
It was added to the National Register of Historic Places on December 31, 1979.
Christiania Lutheran Free Church (now Highview Christiania Lutheran Church – ELCA) is a historic church in Eureka Township, Minnesota, United States. The church is located at 26690 Highview Avenue approximately 9 miles southwest of Farmington, Minnesota.
In the early 1850s, a group of Norwegian immigrants first arrived in Eureka township. A Norwegian language Lutheran congregation was formally organized in 1860. Their church was first known as the Norwegian-Danish Evangelical Lutheran Church in Christiana Settlement. The carpenter Gothic church was built under the direction of Hans Berg Larsen between 1877-78. It located on the site of the congregation’s original 1865 log church. The church was dedicated in 1878. It is one of the oldest church buildings in continuous use in the state of Minnesota. Christiania Lutheran Free Church has been known as the Highview Christiania Lutheran Church since 1966. The church building was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2010.
The Church of the Advent built in 1872 is a historic Carpenter Gothic Episcopal church located at 412 Oak Street, in Farmington, Minnesota, in the United States. On December 31, 1979, it was added to the National Register of Historic Places.
The Church of the Advent is still a functioning parish serving Dakota County, Minnesota and surrounding areas. The 1872 church building, which seats only 70 people is used as a wedding chapel, while larger worship services are held in the Michael and Lisbeth Sly Room built in 1976. The rector is the Rev. Elaine Barber.
Hastings City Hall, formerly the Dakota County Courthouse, is a historic government building in Hastings, Minnesota, United States, completed in 1871. It was the original courthouse for Dakota County and now serves as city hall. It was designed by A.M. Radcliff, one of Minnesota’s first architects, in an Italian Villa style. Although an addition built in 1955 in an entirely different style damaged the building’s integrity, the building remains a prominent structure in downtown Hastings. The courthouse served as the seat of Dakota County government from 1871 until September 1974, when the county commissioners held their last meeting in the building. It then became the Hastings City Hall in 1993.
The District No. 72 School represents small, rural school-houses in Dakota County in the U.S. state of Minnesota. It was built in 1882, with a bell-tower, clapboard siding, a steep gabled roof, and pediments. It continues to be used as a community center and township hall. It is now known as the Waterford Community Center.